Michael Jackson's Estate celebrated the first anniversary of MJ's death with series of press releases, interviews and leaks about what happened within the estate in the last year. Below you may find an overview of these information, what in my opinion prooves how great work they did.
Debts paid off:
- $70 million in total.
- All Encino property and nearly condo bills and $5 million loan.
- Video and Audio Center paid off.
- Thomas Mesereau's office paid off.
- $35 million advance from AEG Live paid back.
- $1.3 million to Los Angeles to cover MJ's funeral.
- Sony/ATV deal soon to be renewed, MJ's yearly income will be doubeled from ~$10 million to ~$20 million. $270 million loan payment refinanced with better terms for the Estate.
- MiJac deal renewed along with a new public-performance agreement. $70 million loan will be paid back until Summer, 2011.
- Over $250 million in total.
- Sony album deal $125 million in advance, over $200 million in 7 years.
- This Is It movie $252 million in ticket sales.
- This Is It DVD/Blu-Ray sales $70 million.
- This Is It TV licensing $20 million.
- Merchandising and licensing deals $26 million in total.
- MiJac with $35 million yearly income.
- Sony/ATV with $11 million yearly income.
- 31 million albums sold worldwide.
- 800.000 Jackson 5 albums sold worldwide.
- 40 million digital downloads worldwide.
- 4.5 million ringtone downloads worldwide.
- 140.000 radio plays alone in the US.