Below you may read an overview of the legal cases for the Estate of Michael Jackson:
- No interesting hearings for the following months regarding the Estate on the Los Angeles Superior Court.
- Full list of creditor claims (marked with asterisk are rejected by the Estate; marked with plus are settled by the Estate):
[432 million dollars in total. I reviewed each case and the total payouts will not exceed 20 millions in my opinion.]
+ Ayscough and Marar ($200.000)
Susan Yu ($340.000)
Sidney Lanier ($3 million)
Michael L. Abrams ($1.500)
Arnold & Porter LLP (164.000)
Kleinberg Lopez Lange Cuddy and Klein LLP ($629.000)
Venable LLP ($471.000)
Eric George ($175.000)
Don Stabler ($180.000)
Leonard Rowe ($300.000)
Dr. Tohme R. Tohme ($2.3 million)
* Raymone K. Bain ($44 million)
Signal Hill Capital ($328.000)
Crowe Horwath LLP ($38.000)
Cannon & Company CPAS LLP ($?)
Segye Times ($7.9 millions)
Jurgen Bachus ($6.7 million)
* All Good Entertainment ($300 million)
Universal Music Publishing ($3.000)
The Machine Management ($285.000)
Nederlander Presentations Inc. ($?)
William Bone ($?)
LaVelle Smith Jr. ($150.000)
George Folsey Jr. ($1 million)
John Landis ($1.3 million)
Ola Ray ($?)
Van Alexander ($70.000)
Arnold Klein ($50.000)
Aner Iglesias ($234.000)
Kai Chase Inc. ($8.000)
Bradley Buxer ($48.000)
Michael Boddicker ($?)
Avinash Bruno Irde ($8.000)
Diane Williams ($60.000)
Craig A. Johnson ($374.000)
Lynda Parrish ($212.000)
* Helen Harris-Scott ($50 million)
A4V Digital, Inc. ($736.000)
Atkins Thomson Solicitors ($200.000)
+ Video & Audio Center ($128.000)
* Jose Freddie Vallejo ($3.3 million)
* Claire McMillan (2.2 million)
* Richard Lapointe ($5 million)
State of California Franchise Tax Board ($?)
Intermedia Productions Ltd. ($?)
Sharad Chandra Patel ($?)
- Ayscough and Marar filed for a dismissal in their case against the Estate on April 20th. The reasons are not known yet.
- Video and Audio Center filed for a dismissal as well.
- Helen Harris-Scott's case has been dismissed on March 1st.
- The John Landis and Ola Ray cases regarding the royalties of the "Thriller" video has been merged. The trial setting conference will be held on May 24th.
- The AllGood Entertainment case is scheduled to go on trial in October. No major updates yet.
- No major updates with Raymone Bain's case as well.
- Richard Lapointe's case about the never sold Jackson memorablia is still ongoing. However majority of the defendants has been dismissed.
- As the media reported, in the Melissa Johnson case the Estate had a big win this week. Will provide you with more details about this later.
- Since MJ's death, MJ Publishing Trust sued 20+ companies, because of unauthorized use of his songs.